Context of this position
SOS Children's Villages The Netherlands has increasingly secured subsidies from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (via the Dutch Relief Alliance) and the European Commission for humanitarian projects. As part of the new strategy of SOS Children’s Villages, with a growth ambition, we claim an expert role in the Netherlands and internationally in the field of protecting children and keeping families together during and after emergencies. Using our knowledge, expertise, strong local presence in 135 countries and with a proven track record, we want to bring these humanitarian aid projects to the attention of our donors.
What are you going to do?
As Institutional Fundraiser / Bid Manager Humanitarian Aid you will be part of the Programme and Institutional Fundraising team. You will work closely with the two other Institutional Fundraisers, and with the expert in your focus area. You will report to the Institutional Fundraising Coordinator.
You will be responsible for:
• Having a central role in developing and implementing a multi-year institutional funding strategy for humanitarian aid projects with clear KPIs including donor mapping, identifying fundraising opportunities and developing effective donor journeys (expert profiling, partnership development, networking and lobbying with the donor, submitting high quality proposals);
• Investing in relationship management with new and current donors and partners;
• Taking on the complex challenge of bringing our projects and programs to the attention of large institutional donors. With your expertise and programmatic knowledge, you know how to use your networks to turn funding opportunities into successful applications;
• Developing high-quality funding applications in close collaboration with the donor service team - consisting of a project controller and an expert in your focus area, and ensuring timely submission to institutional donors;
• Producing quarterly progress reports;
• Working with a team of multi-stakeholders such as colleagues, stakeholders in the federation including local offices as well as external partners for the development of a promising financing application, in accordance with the donor's guidelines;
• Keeping up with internal and external developments in the institutional fundraising market and donor intelligence, safeguarding this knowledge within the organization and advising the team.
You will be responsible for:
We would be happy to hear from you if:
• You are a go-getter, you are flexible, innovative and a strong networker;
• You have at least 5 years of experience and demonstrable success in institutional fundraising and stakeholder management in the development sector;
• You have demonstrable knowledge and experience with successful applications to the European Union (preferably ECHO);
• You have experience with writing multi-year applications;
• You have excellent oral and written communication in English;
• You have knowledge and experience with the humanitarian aid sectors, Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), Social protection in Emergencies, MHPSS or any other relevant emergency sector;
• SOS Children’s Villages NL is a Dutch office. If you are a native English speaker you either have a basic understanding of Dutch or you commit to obtain (basic) Dutch proficiency that would allow you to understand meetings and documents provided in Dutch;
• You have a work permit to work in the EU (Hard requirement).
• You have an HBO + / WO working and thinking level.
If you have the following desired knowledge and experience, that would be even better:
• Fundraising experience with the Dutch government (preferably with the Dutch Relief Alliance), EU (preferably ECHO) multilateral organizations and international foundations;
• Have a relevant network (other NGOs / partners, donors, Foreign Affairs and EU);
• Speaking and understanding French and / or Spanish is an advantage.
• A good salary, depending on knowledge and work experience, ranging from approximately €3,600 to a maximum of € 4,250 - based on full-time employment (37.5 hours);
• A generous arrangement for holiday and ADV days: 35 days (full-time);
• A budget for personal development and training;
• A beautiful and easily accessible office in Amsterdam West;
• Ability to work flexible hours.
Apply to this position
Do you recognize yourself and are you enthusiastic about this role? Do not wait any longer and send your application before January 10th 2022 via our online form. If you have any questions about this position, you can contact M.H. Geels, Institutional Fundraising Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31652400451.
Safety of children and adults is essential for SOS Children's Villages. SOS Children's Villages does not accept any form of abuse, fraud or corruption. The topic of integrity is addressed in the selection process. The submission of a recent Certificate of Good Conduct and a reference check is part of the procedure. In the reference check, we discuss the topic of integrity.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.